Monday, March 05, 2007


Lenten Tip #2


Don't just preach your Faith, but practice it!!! This is especially true for us bloggers! Our life of Faith is dead without our works to testify to it. Remember that when we practice our Faith we proclaim and witness to the Gospel loudly. Actions speak louder than words (though sometimes words are necessary)...


"My brothers, what good is it to profess faith without practicing it? Such faith has no power to save one, has it? If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and no food for the day, and you say to them, 'Good-bye and good luck! Keep warm and well fed,' but do not meet their bodily needs, what good is that? So it is with the faith that does nothing in practice. It is thoroughly lifeless. To such a person one might say, 'You have faith and I have works-is that it?' Show me your faith without works, and I will show you the faith that underlies my works!" (James 2:14-18, taken from Christian Prayer pg.276)

No comments: