Monday, April 07, 2008

What do you think about "bi-lingual" Masses?

They're Great! 0 (0%)

They're necessary... 2 (16%)

Ummm... What's the point of a universal language? 7 (58%)

They're too long... 1 (8%)

What are you talking about? 2 (16%)

Votes: 12

Wow! Only 12 people, oh well! For those two people who didn't know what I'm talking about, a "bi-lingual Mass" is a Mass where the priest attempts to combine two different languages into the service (e.g. Spanish and English) so as to minister to the different ethnic communities present.


PLEASE TAKE THE NEW POLL!!!

3 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

I remember the longest Masses where the English/Spanish Masses on special occasions at our parish (growing up).

FloridaWife said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! Your congratulations were really, really happy for me to see. How exciting! I haven't been by your blog in a while either.

And about the bilingual masses -- I do not prefer them.

Anonymous said...

I do not prefer them either. I speak fluent Spanish and have found that many bi-lingual English / Spanish masses feature broken, though well intentioned Spanish.

On other occasions, it appeared that the Spanish was completely unecessary and was used only for political correctness.