Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spirit of Lent Meme


Thanks to Esther for tagging me with this penitential meme!

1. What’s been your best Lenten-effort-idea ever? Hmmm. Well, technically Good Friday's not in Lent, but I couldn't think of any breath taking Lenten ideas I've ingeniously come up with. So, every Good Friday I try to watch The Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson. It really helps me to meditate on what Christ did for me and be much more grateful!

2. And your worst? Couldn't think of anything off hand. Giving up cheese one year was interesting. Couldn't say it was a bad idea, just weird...

3. What Lenten advice would you share? Giving up sin is a better idea than giving up chocolate or carbon (yes, I said carbon, not carbs!), but being penitential and fasting are very important practices for the serious Christian. Notice, Jesus says, "When you fast...", not, "If you fast...". So, try giving up stuff that won't help you come closer to Jesus Christ, and start doing stuff that will help! I guess I better read what I just typed...

4. And what will feature this year? This year I'm trying to wake earlier, talk to friends less, go on the computer less, watch movies less, and thanks to Divine Providence I think I'll start to be able to attend Mass a few times a week instead of just the Sunday obligation!

2 comments:

Soutenus said...

HI - Don't know if this is the right place to ask you but - would you mind praying for my daughter? I don't want to sound dramatic but the best way I can describe her struggles right now is to say that her soul is in jeopardy. There is a deep struggle going on inside her and she needs mighty prayer warriors. Please add her to your prayers.
Thank you and God bless you.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I have visited you site many times and have enjoyed it's offering greatly. You have much to offer and it is a refreshing place to be. I would ask you to visit my site and pick up your gift as my Thank You for all that you offer the reader. God Bless... Cathy

Oh, I have been meaning to ask but just never have...Is St. Thomas Seminary still open in Denver? We have not been "home" in some time so I don't know. Good day to you!