The Meme month of May!
I'm declaring this to be the official "Meme month of May". I will try to post many memes this month and am already in the spirit as I have been tagged twice in about one week! WOW!! Record.
Well, anyway, this time Danny tagged me with this "What I'm Currently Reading" meme. (BTW, Danny, if you're still out there please respond. I haven't been able to access your blog, and am just making sure no anti-Catholic Irish Mafia have been harassing you lately.)
Actually, I'm not reading much of anything lately except for school assignments (you don't want to know about those), so I will post the few books I'm currently reading and the ones I am planning on reading sometime in the near future....
1. The Collar by Jonathan Englert. This book is a report of the journey that some recent seminarians went through and their struggles. I am not sure though yet if this seminary is good, though it is the one my pastor went to and his story is in the book. I am reading this, keeping in mind the kind of seminary our diocese would send some men to.
2. The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis. I am currently using this for daily meditations and found it wonderful. The spiritual asceticism is wonderful to read and inspiring. However, you have take this book in little bites as there is so much depth. I read less than a chapter for each meditation.
BOOKS I WANT TO READ:
1. More Catholic than the Pope by Patrick Madrid and Pete Vere. I want to learn more about the radical traditionalist movement and about the whole debate on the Novus Ordo Mass.
2. This Is My Body, This Is My Blood: Miracles of the Eucharist, Books I & II by Bob and Penny Lord.
I recently received these books as a gift and am excited about learning about the powerful and awesome stories of Eucharistic miracles--some of which are still visible today.
3. The Courage to Be Chaste by Fr. Benedict Groeschel. I have heard this is a great book by Fr. Benedict Groeschel that discusses living chastity and am interested in reading it.
OK, if you don't get tagged this time, don't feel bad because remember: this is the "Meme Month of May"!!!