Friday, May 25, 2007

Close Call....YIKES!!!
I had to write about this because this freaked me out so bad tonight. OK, so I was at work tonight (I'm a waiter at a restaurant) and when I was putting in an order on the computer I looked over to the other side of the restaurant and saw this old guy having a seizure! The other servers assured me that he was OK as his wife (and/or friend I guess) was helping him and he was conscience and breathing and also he had gone through another seizure earlier I found out. But then a couple minutes later the lady started screaming if anyone knew CPR and that this guy wasn't breathing and that he was dying. I ran over there and told them that I am CPR certified (I am) and was just ready to do CPR on the guy when we knew that his breathing had resumed. A lady called 911 on her cell phone and so did our boss. Thank goodness I never had to do CPR, but my co-workers told me I had turned white and I did feel like my blood pressure had slowed down or something! I was so scared! Anyway, praise God that I never had to do that, and the paramedics arrived and the man was safely taken to the hospital. I haven't heard anything else about what happened though I think he's okay.
I want to suggest to anyone out there that if you aren't CPR certified, to go and get certified, as although it's something you never WANT to do, you may save someone's life. I think I'll go and review the steps in doing CPR...
"Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour of the night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not let his house be broken into. So too, you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come." (Matthew 24:43-44)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Scary thought. Even if I was trained, I wouldn't know what to do....LOL!

EC Gefroh said...

Good thing you were trained for this type of emergency. I'm glad you didn't have to put your skills to the test.

Soutenus said...

I am going to go brush up on my CPR, too! I experienced something similar at an airport. So many people milling around and almost NO ONE stepped in to help (maybe THAT MANY PEOPLE really did not know what to do!) Thank you for your post and thank you for learning CPR!
Blessings!