Wednesday, December 27, 2006




I was asked by Mysterium Fidei to post this on my blog, so here it goes:


1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus? The O My Jesus prayer after each decade of the rosary, the Divine Mercy chaplet, and prayers to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.


2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer? The First Saturday Devotion is my favorite, but I have not been easily able to do it recently. Also the rosary.


3. Do you wear a scapular or medal? Scapular.


4. Do you have holy water in your home? Yes


5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings? I try to remember to do that for various intentions throughout the day.


6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays? As stated above, between work, school, and lots of other stuff in my life right now, the First Saturday devotion has not been happening for me, however I would love to do it again. I have never done the First Friday devotion, but I am interested.


7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently? Sometimes. I am trying to make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament daily or as often as possible, but this resolution started on Christmas---So Jesus please help me!


8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person? I have to go on Sunday morning because of work on Saturday evening.


9. Do you say prayers at mealtime? Yes.


10. Favorite Saints? St. Francis of Assisi, St. Isaac Jogues, St. Pio, St. Dominic Savio, St. John Bosco, St. Therese of the Little Flower.


11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart? Yes, and I encourage those who don't know it to memorize it as it is simple and important, and is the first prayer of the Rosary.


12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day? Yes. Normally something like "Jesus please help me, Lord have Mercy, etc."


13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved? I try to remember to, thanks to a few years ago seeing a fellow Catholic doing so. She inspired me to do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for fighting the fight against abuse in the Sacred Liturgy! God will bless you. Happy New Year, and Mary, Mother of God. By the way, awesome article!